The Adams 14 Education Foundation awards scholarships to graduating seniors from Adams County School District 14 for the institution of their choice including vocational schools, community colleges, 4-year colleges and universities. The Foundation offers scholarships ranging from one-year to four-year with some of the one-year scholarships having the potential to be renewed on a case-to-case basis. All of the said scholarships are offered through this application. Some scholarships are designated for certain careers, please check the scholarships listing to verify. Applicants can apply for both the General Scholarships and the Rotary Scholarship.
- Attend Adams City High School or Lester Arnold High School
- Show evidence of service to community or family and/or school involvement such as student government or athletics
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment to academic excellence
- PELL eligibility is not required for all scholarships but may be required for some. Please see page 3 of the downloaded application which lists scholarships and if PELL eligibility is required.
- Maintain a GBPA of 2.75 (With some exceptions; i.e. your application will still be reviewed regardless of GPA)
- Complete the application form, including the attachments listed below:
- Typed essays (click the application form for more information)
- At least one letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or community member (letter should address reasons student shows promise including academic achievement and service and how a scholarship would encourage him/her to pursue their educational goals);
- School transcript
- Copy of FAFSA Report
- Parental or Guardian Proof of Income
- Participate in a personal interview
Commerce City Rotary Scholarship
The Commerce City Rotary/Adams 14 Education Foundation awards a $3,000 annual scholarship each year for up to 4 years for a total of $1,500 per semester to a student attending an accredited 4-year institution and/or awards a $1,500 annual scholarship each year for 2 years for a total of $750 per semester to a student attending an accredited vocational institution. This scholarship supports a student in the from the Adams 14 School District who can show financial need and who demonstrates a degree of community involvement. Two scholarships are available each year and the Commerce City Rotary/Adams 14 Education Foundation Scholarship Committee awards these scholarships.
- Applicant must attend and be a full-time student at Adams City or Lester Arnold
- Applicant must be a graduating senior or receive a GED during the spring of the current school year
- Applicant must have a 2.5 GPA or higher
- Applicant must intend to enroll in a 2 or 4 years accredited institution of higher learning or accredited vocational school
- Applicant must show what school they are attending and letter of acceptance at the time of the formal interview
- The applicant will be selected by, but not limited to, the following considerations:
- leadership and community service
- personal and professional accomplishments
- personal attributes
- financial need
- academic performance
All applications must be turned in to your counselor by March 11th, 2022 (an extension of the deadline may be given based on circumstances). Interviews will be held on April 5th and 6th from 3:00 PM-9:00 PM. Scholarship recipients will be notified by April 15th, 2022. All scholarship recipients will be invited and must attend the Education Foundation’s annual dinner “The 14er Fest” on April 28th, 2022 to have their achievements recognized. Please direct all questions to your high school counselor. Counselors: please send the individual application, recommendation letter(s), and school documents electronically in one email to Dale Mingilton; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Suncor Energy USA Scholarship
Adams 14 Education Foundation Scholarship
The amount varies annually. They have ranged from $10,000 to $15,000.
Community College of Aurora/Adams 14 Education Foundation Scholarship
2019, the Foundation will again partner with the Community College of Aurora to offer two $10,000 scholarships to attend CCA. Students must participate in programs offered by CCA to help with student success.
Adams County/Colorado Opportunity Scholarship Initiative (COSI)/Adams 14 Education Foundation
This partnership with Adams County, COSi and the Adams 14 Education Foundation has offered 5-10 scholarships ranging from $10,000-$13,000. Applicants must be PELL Eligible to receive the scholarship.
Rocky Mountain Recycling – Larry Odle/Bonnie Utley Scholarship
This scholarship has ranged from $10,000-$13,000.
Commerce City Rotary/Adams 14 Education Foundation Scholarship
Two $12,000 scholarship will be awarded annually.